Scout is the Executive Director of the National LGBT Cancer Network and the principal investigator of the CDC-funded LGBTQ tobacco-related cancer disparity network. In this capacity he spends much of his time providing technical assistance for governmental tobacco and cancer focusing agencies expanding their reach and engagement with LGBTQ populations. He leads a team of specialists who focus on building tools and sharing strategies across state departments of health.
- Name three major trends in LGBTQ+ communities that impact tobacco use.
- Integrate at least two new strategies into their own work to help serve LGBTQ+ people.
- List at least two new resources that can help them reach and serve LGBTQ+ tobacco users.
The CME/CE registration is open for the recorded version of this webinar. Scroll down and click on the "Get Credit" button to begin.
Certificates of Attendance
Click here to generate a certificate of attendance for participating on this webinar.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UCSF designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the webinar activity.
Advance Practice Registered Nurses and Registered Nurses: For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) states that the AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM are acceptable for continuing medical education requirements for recertification.
California Pharmacists: The California Board of Pharmacy accepts as continuing professional education those courses that meet the standard of relevance to pharmacy practice and have been approved for AMA PRA category 1 CreditTM. If you are a pharmacist in another state, you should check with your state board for approval of this credit.
California Psychologists: The California Board of Psychology recognizes and accepts for continuing education credit courses that are provided by entities approved by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM is acceptable to meeting the CE requirements for the California Board of Psychology. Providers in other states should check with their state boards for acceptance of CME credit.
California Behavioral Science Professionals: University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine (UCSF) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for behavioral health providers. UCSF maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Course meets the qualifications for 1.0 hour of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider # 64239.
ACCREDITATION FOR CALIFORNIA ADDICTION COUNSELORS
The UCSF office of continuing medical education is accredited by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP), to provide continuing education credit for California addiction counselors. UCSF designates this live, virtual activity, for a maximum of 1.0 CCAPP credit. Addiction counselors should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Provider number: 7-20-322-0722.
This UCSF CME activity was planned and developed to uphold academic standards to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor; adhere to requirements to protect health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA); and include a mechanism to inform learners when unapproved or unlabeled uses of therapeutic products or agents are discussed or referenced.
All speakers, planning committee members and reviewers have disclosed they have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Anita Browning, Christine Cheng, Brian Clark, Pamela Ling, MPH, MD, Jennifer Matekuare, Ma Krisanta Pamatmat, MPH, Catherine Saucedo, Scout, MA, PhD, and Aria Yow, MA.
- Post webinar answered questions
- National LGBT Cancer Network Engagement Resources https://cancer-network.org/programs-2-3/resource-library/
- Join our mailing list: https://airtable.com/shrG4d4dyVBKLrroO
- Breakdown of 2021 Anti-LGBTQ State Legislation - https://www.hrc.org/press-releases/2021-officially-becomes-worst-year-in-recent-history-for-lgbtq-state-legislative-attacks-as-unprecedented-number-of-states-enact-record-shattering-number-of-anti-lgbtq-mea
- National LGBT Cancer Network Best and Promising Practices: https://cancer-network.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/NCTOH-Folder-Best-Practices.pdf
- AHA GSA states that are still pending: Michigan, New York, Minnesota, Colorado, Oregon, Utah, Georgia, and Rhode Island. Incentives for participating are that the GSA receives a small grant and youth can gain service hours.
- Outlast Tobacco Webinar: https://cancer-network.org/outlast-tobacco
- Welcoming Spaces: https://cancer-network.org/welcoming-spaces/
- Out Proud Free: https://cancer-network.org/opf/
- Out Proud Free video: urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=j585998PhJo&feature=emb_logo__;!!LQC6Cpwp!vJ_Obf7frlBLbVSg6LcScXtd0Tu1m2pehdjang4RRv1VVotVuzz5vjw-JOb3if-irEYC-Bg4yRD80M26syBGVGQ_ll1g$
- Pronouns video #1 - urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.dropbox.com/s/f3iweajcuwpzpnn/TikTok*20Peter*20David*20Fast*20Pronoun.MP4?dl=0__;JSUlJQ!!LQC6Cpwp!vJ_Obf7frlBLbVSg6LcScXtd0Tu1m2pehdjang4RRv1VVotVuzz5vjw-JOb3if-irEYC-Bg4yRD80M26syBGVHV4viPK$
- Pronouns video #2 - urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.dropbox.com/s/evlx73kgs40fl9j/Tiktok*20Pronoun*20practice.MP4?dl=0__;JSU!!LQC6Cpwp!vJ_Obf7frlBLbVSg6LcScXtd0Tu1m2pehdjang4RRv1VVotVuzz5vjw-JOb3if-irEYC-Bg4yRD80M26syBGVJMKBPE_$