Ms. Ortiz is a bilingual (English/Spanish) researcher and evaluator with 14 years of experience of research and program evaluation design, data analysis, and implementation. She has focused her research activities to benefit underserved and minority populations. She has worked as statistician measuring health market performance and dynamics, and has provided consultation on sampling plan design and implementation. She is responsible for the development of data collection instruments, for managing databases, and for providing a high level of statistical analysis for research projects. She currently serves as the lead on data analysis for the Behavioral Measurement System (BHPMS) and develops research projects related to the Inpatient Consumer Survey. She has strong knowledge working with SPSS, AMOS, IDEA Data Analysis Software, Questionnaire Development System, and SNAP Surveys. She has been involved in numerous publications and in conferences presenting data from research initiatives.
Bio to come.
Dr. Hepburn is the Executive Director of the Maryland Mental Hygiene Administration (MHA) which includes 4 regional state psychiatric hospitals, 1 forensic psychiatric hospital and 2 Regional Institutes for Children and Adolescents. In addition the MHA serves over 145,000 individuals (all ages) who have Medicaid or are uninsured through the Administrative Service Organization, Value Options. Dr Hepburn is committed to working with consumers, family members and other stakeholders to give individuals with mental illness and/or substance use issues the best opportunity for prevention, early intervention, treatment and recovery.
Bio to come.
- Learn the methods and results of a survey on smoking policies and practices in state psychiatric hospitals
- Understand key findings and their applications to tobacco dependence interventions in psychiatric settings
- Learn how the study may inform development of more effective smoking cessation policies and practices for people living with mental illnesses
- Dr. Nancy A. Rigotti's article, "Strategies to Help a Smoker Who Is Struggling to Quit", October 17, 2012
- Dr. Steven A. Schroeder's editorial, "How Clinicians Can Help Smokers to Quit" to Dr. Nancy Rigotti's article, October 17, 2012
- Technical Report on Smoking Policy and Treatment in State Operated Psychiatric Facilities, NASMHPD Medical Directors Council
- NRT Physician and Case Manager Fact Sheet for Dual Eligibles, 2011
- NASMHPD Toolkit, "Tobacco-Free Living in Psychiatric Settings," 2010
- "Smoke or Not to Smoke," a poem by Bill Newbold