Women and Tobacco
Maria Perno Goldie, RDH, BA, MS, is a Professional Member of the National Speakers Association, President of the International Federation of Dental Hygienists ( IFDH), a past ADHA President, and a graduate of the 2004-2006 fellowship of the California Health Care Foundation’s Health Care Leadership Program. A noted researcher, author, and speaker, Maria presents seminars globally, and is visiting faculty at the University of Rome and the University of Pisa. She is the winner of a number of awards.
Maria serves on the Editorial Review Board of the International Journal of Dental Hygiene, the Journal of Dental Hygiene, Prevenzione & Assistenza Dentale, and Access magazine. She has contributed textbook chapters, is co-editor of a dental hygiene textbook, and authored many articles.
Maria is a member of many organizations, and has appeared on network television and radio regarding the oral/systemic link and appeared on the Fox Health Network/WEBMD.TV -- The "Cutting Edge Medical Report.” She is a member of the National Advisory Committee for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s Smoking Cessation Leadership Center. She can be reached at [email protected].
- Truth ® Campaign: http://www.legacyforhealth.org/28.aspx
- Truth ® is the largest youth smoking prevention campaign in the country supported by the Legacy Foundation.
- Smokefree.gov resources for Pregnancy: http://women.smokefree.gov/
- The Great Start Quitline – 1-866-66-START
- The Great Start Quitline offers free one-on-one cessation counseling for pregnant smokers 24 hours a day.