In California, the smoking rate is 11%, however, the behavioral health population is disproportionately affected. The smoking rate among those with poor mental health is 19.4%, almost double the rate of the general population.
The California Behavioral Health and Wellness Initiative (CABHWI) will help create equal access to cessation services for all smokers in California, specifically those with a behavioral health condition.
Through this initiative, UCSF's Smoking Cessation Leadership Center will provide in-person training, customized virtual training and education through webinars, technical assistance, and social marketing targeting behavioral health agencies, providers, and the clients they serve throughout the state of California.
Join us at the Sheraton Hotel Cerritos 12725 Center Court Dr, Cerritos, CA
This training is designed to:
• Advance tobacco-free policies within the behavioral health community
Our fifth "Community of Practice" collaborative quarterly call will focus on the following objectives:
SCLC co-hosted a one-day Behavioral Health Regional Training training with Fresno County Wednesday, October 16, 2019.
- 1 of 4
SCLC's webinar series is integral to the technical assistance provided by the SCLC. Nationally recognized smoking cessation experts offer the latest information related to smoking cessation (including effective interventions) for the general and the behavioral health populations.
The Goals of SCLC’s Webinar Series:
- Provide training and technical assistance to raise awareness of the many benefits smoking cessation efforts and to increase understanding of effective smoking cessation strategies.
- Implement or enhance existing tobacco cessation services using evidence-based practices.
- Ensure that consumers and staff have access to smoking cessation services and support to promote health and wellness.
- Establish partnerships between behavioral health and nicotine cessation organizations to increase available tobacco cessation resources in communities.
SCLC has over 85 webinars covering the latest topics on tobacco addiction and recovery
Special note for our CA healthcare providers: As we are starting a new venture in CA helping behavioral health organizations go tobacco-free, we are providing FREE CME/CEUs for all eligible CA providers! Click below to see full details.